04 March 2009

Long time no see....

Merry christmas/new years/valentine's day to everyone! Okay, so it has been a while since I last posted. I'm finding it tough to keep up with all the web-based things I've got to update: blog, facebook, knitting sites, meetup groups, etc. I'm going to pare it all down somehow so that things don't get left dangling for too long without attention!

Anyways, I'm learning the fine art of eating fish whole. This beautiful branzino was fresh caught, then grilled over a wood fire. Served up with olive oil and a side of swiss chard and potatoes. It weighed in at about 3.5 pounds...and I ate HALF of it!

Before:




After:

2 comments:

Girl Upstairs said...

Dear Gabriella,
I am a Canadian living in London who is coming to Zagreb in June for a conference on Theatre and Performance. I am also a knitter, so was intrigued that you are having trouble finding people to knit! I am looking for advice on places to stay or places to travel to after the conference is over on the 28th of June.

If you have the time to drop me a website suggestion that you have found helpful that would be great!

Gabriella said...

Hi,
There isn't really a single website that's good for overall info. It also depends on other details (how many days are you in Croatia, types of activities you like, general budget, access to car/train/flights)...

I highly recommend e-mailing the organizer or assistant organizer of a group of English speaking expats in Zagreb. The organizer is named Kreso and he also runs a relocation company in Zagreb and could offer lots of advice on hotels, travel, etc. The site is at:

http://www.meetup.com/Zagrebmeetup/

Good luck with your trip!