14 January 2012

Bok bok, my sweet little pumpkins



I knew this day would come eventually, I just didn't think it would happen so soon, and leave me feeling so empty.  I'm talking about the day that my winter-supply of squash finally ran out.  This evening I roasted and ate my very last squash.  And it came out perfect:  sweet, chestnutty, all yummy and delicious.  I baked it exactly the way I like it...just a little browned around the edges, with a bit of sea salt.  And after letting it cool to room temperature, drizzling generously with olive oil.

Back in September, we brought home 25 of these little beauties.  All of them the  Hokkaido variety.  Each one eaten with gusto and gratefulness.

Now, I count the days until I meet my precious Hokkaido once more.

Just 240 days to go.  May the autumn harvest be bountiful. 

2 comments:

Ashraf said...

Hi,

I found your blog on google checking on Saffron in Croatia - I am from India married in Vukovar... thinking of starting import export business with India - Croatia in mind. Still at a very early stage researching the demand/Supply market of both countries...Nice reading your article!!

Gabriella said...

If we get into the EU then I think it will be much easier to do importing/exporting. The EU referendum is this coming Sunday..so we'll know more then.

Best of luck with your idea!